By Melvin Small
- Examines the important arguments and scholarly debates that encompass his time period in office
- Explores Nixon’s legacy and the old value of his years as president
- Covers the total diversity of subject matters, from his campaigns for Congress, to his occupation as Vice-President, to his presidency and Watergate
- Makes wide use of the new paper and digital releases from the Nixon Presidential fabrics Project
Read or Download A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar biographies of presidents & heads of state books
The 526 records published during this quantity run from 28 November 1813 to 30 September 1814. in this interval Jefferson reports the extant resources at the 1765 Stamp Act concern to help William Wirt, a Patrick Henry student; files his mostly confident impressions of George Washington; and updates a studying checklist for legislations scholars that he had at the beginning drawn up 40 years past.
Assessment: Fact-filled, funny, and meticulously researched (1,235 endnotes), this can be the definitive publication on President Obama’s schooling on the colleges that formed him and his politics: Punahou, Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard legislations university (six chapters on Harvard Law). Written through a libertarian/conservative with a JD/MBA, this booklet skewers Obama's full-immersion liberal schooling with proof, common sense, and humor.
Lincoln and furnish is an intimate dual-portrait of President Abraham Lincoln and common Ulysses S. supply: their traditional "Western" backgrounds, their early struggles to be triumphant, and their history-making courting through the Civil warfare. although in most cases remembered by way of heritage as very diverse personalities, the soft-spoken Lincoln and often-crude furnish in truth shared the same force and backbone, as this in-depth personality research illustrates.
Lenin - Schlüssel zum Verständnis eines JahrhundertsLenin - ein Fanatiker und Putschist, ein Visionär und Held? Wolfgang Ruge geht in dieser außergewöhnlichen politischen Biografie dem Phänomen Lenin nach, zeigt ihn in seiner Widersprüchlichkeit und trifft damit nicht nur die persönliche Tragik des Revolutionärs, sondern die Tragik der sozialen Revolution überhaupt.
- The General vs. the President: MacArthur and Truman at the Brink of Nuclear War
- Woodrow Wilson: Essential Writings and Speeches of the Scholar-President
- Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents: Strange Stories and Shocking Trivia from Inside the White House
- Presidential Leadership: Learning from United States Presidential Libraries & Museums
- Conversations with Lee Kuan Yew Citizen Singapore: How to Build a Nation (Giants of Asia Series)
Additional info for A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)