By Serge Ricard
- Revitalizes and internationalizes scholarship in this preferred and highly-rated American president
- Covers many elements of Roosevelt’s character and his rules, household and overseas, to create a whole photo of the man
- Provides scholarship from either side of the Atlantic, from validated Roosevelt specialists, revered students, and a brand new new release of historians
- A new and clean historiographical exploration of Roosevelt’s existence and ideas, political profession and achievements, and his legacies
Read Online or Download A Companion to Theodore Roosevelt (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
The 526 records published during this quantity run from 28 November 1813 to 30 September 1814. in this interval Jefferson stories the extant assets at the 1765 Stamp Act drawback to help William Wirt, a Patrick Henry pupil; files his mostly optimistic impressions of George Washington; and updates a interpreting record for legislation scholars that he had in the beginning drawn up 40 years past.
Evaluate: Fact-filled, funny, and meticulously researched (1,235 endnotes), this can be the definitive booklet on President Obama’s schooling on the faculties that formed him and his politics: Punahou, Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard legislations institution (six chapters on Harvard Law). Written via a libertarian/conservative with a JD/MBA, this publication skewers Obama's full-immersion liberal schooling with evidence, good judgment, and humor.
Lincoln and furnish is an intimate dual-portrait of President Abraham Lincoln and common Ulysses S. supply: their usual "Western" backgrounds, their early struggles to be triumphant, and their history-making dating through the Civil struggle. even though quite often remembered by way of background as very assorted personalities, the soft-spoken Lincoln and often-crude supply actually shared the same force and resolution, as this in-depth personality examine illustrates.
Lenin - Schlüssel zum Verständnis eines JahrhundertsLenin - ein Fanatiker und Putschist, ein Visionär und Held? Wolfgang Ruge geht in dieser außergewöhnlichen politischen Biografie dem Phänomen Lenin nach, zeigt ihn in seiner Widersprüchlichkeit und trifft damit nicht nur die persönliche Tragik des Revolutionärs, sondern die Tragik der sozialen Revolution überhaupt.
- The Wit & Wisdom of Ronald Reagan
- Lincoln's America: 1809 - 1865
- FDR and Lucy: Lovers and Friends
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: Road to the New Deal, 1882-1939
Extra info for A Companion to Theodore Roosevelt (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)