By Russell G. Congalton,Kass Green
Accuracy review of maps derived from remotely sensed facts has endured to develop because the first variation of this groundbreaking booklet. for that reason, the much-anticipated re-creation is considerably increased and superior to mirror progress within the box. the recent variation positive aspects 3 new chapters, together with:
- Fuzzy accuracy assessment
- Positional accuracy
- Case examine: Mapping land hide and land use within the Florida panhandle
The authors offer an entire presentation of the way to evaluate the positional accuracy of a map besides a dialogue of the effect of positional accuracy on thematic accuracy. additionally they contain a extra thorough dialogue of the targeted sampling matters that needs to be thought of to successfully check change.
Complete with a 16-page colour insert, this moment variation keeps to supply a whole advisor to designing and undertaking a state of the art accuracy assessment.
--This textual content refers back to the Hardcover edition.
Read or Download Assessing the Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data: Principles and Practices PDF
Best environmental technology & engineering books
Oil Spill Environmental Forensics offers a whole view of a few of the forensic strategies used to spot the resource of an oil spill into the surroundings. The forensic techniques defined inside characterize numerous equipment from scientists in the course of the global. The authors discover which analytical and interpretative innovations are most suitable for a selected oil spill venture.
If you happen to open the faucet to fill your glass with consuming water, you predict the water to be of excellent caliber. yet is the water out of your faucet particularly secure? the second one version of an industry-wide bestseller, The ingesting Water guide explains the numerous methods hired to make water secure to drink. beginning on the resource, it evaluates the standard regulate of ingesting water via therapy and distribution to the faucet, and its use and reuse by means of the patron.
Source restoration and recycling from thousands of a whole bunch wastes made from commercial actions is a constant problem for environmental engineers and researchers. call for for conservation of assets, aid within the volume of waste and sustainable improvement with environmental keep an eye on has been starting to be in the whole lot of the area.
Some of the protection agencies engaged on ingesting water all warn approximately dangerous elements, in addition to parts which could reason corrosion or scaling on pipes and installations. even if, ingesting water can also supply a considerable section of the day-by-day mineral consumption, particularly for the aged and youngsters, or these liable to deficiencies as a result of dangerous consuming behavior or hunger.
- Dynamics and Bioavailability of Heavy Metals in the Rootzone
- Innovative Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery Technologies: Impacts on Energy, Economy and Environment
- Climate Change Effects on Groundwater Resources: A Global Synthesis of Findings and Recommendations (IAH - International Contributions to Hydrogeology)
- Global Atmospheric Change and its Impact on Regional Air Quality: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Global Atmosperic Change and Its ... 21-27, 2001 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic (PBT) Chemicals: Technical Aspects, Policies, and Practices
Extra resources for Assessing the Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data: Principles and Practices