By Cláudio M. Gomes,Pernilla Wittung-Stafshede
The function of steel ions in protein folding and constitution is a severe subject to a number of scientists in several fields, quite these operating in structural biology and bioinorganic chemistry, these learning protein folding and ailment, and people excited by the molecular and mobile features of metals in organic structures. Protein Folding and steel Ions: Mechanisms, Biology and Disease provides the contributions of a cadre of foreign specialists who supply a finished exploration of this well timed topic on the leading edge of present research.
Divided into 4 sections, this volume:
- Provides case examine examples of protein folding and balance reports particularly structures or proteins that include diversified steel ions of co-factors
- Reviews the proteins that go back and forth steel ions within the mobilephone to a specific goal metalloprotein
- Illustrates how steel binding could be attached to pathological protein conformations in unrelated ailments, from melanoma to protein deposition problems reminiscent of Parkinson’s disease
- Addresses protein remodel of metal-containing proteins by means of computational tools, folding simulation reviews, and paintings on version peptides — dissecting the relative lively contribution of metals websites to protein folding and stability
Together, the thirteen chapters during this textual content cogently describe the country of the technological know-how at the present time, light up present demanding situations, suggest destiny probabilities, and inspire extra research during this region that gives a lot promise specifically in regards to novel ways to the therapy of a few of the main difficult and tragic diseases.
Read or Download Protein Folding and Metal Ions: Mechanisms, Biology and Disease PDF
Similar inorganic chemistry books
Nanostructures confer with fabrics that experience appropriate dimensions at the nanometer size scales and live within the mesoscopic regime among remoted atoms and molecules in bulk topic. those fabrics have detailed actual homes which are notably diversified from bulk fabrics. Self-Assembled Nanostructures presents systematic assurance of simple nanomaterials technological know-how together with fabrics meeting and synthesis, characterization, and alertness.
Overlaying greater than 7,800 natural and inorganic chemical compounds and hydrocarbons, delivery homes of Chemical and Hydrocarbons, moment variation is an important quantity for any chemist or chemical engineer. Spanning gases, drinks, and solids, the booklet covers all serious homes (including viscosity, thermal conductivity, and diffusion coefficient).
Anti-Cancer N-Heterocyclic Carbene Complexes of Gold(III), Gold(I) and Platinum(II): Thiol “Switch-on” Fluorescent Probes, Thioredoxin Reductase Inhibitors ... Reticulum Targeting Agents (Springer Theses)
This thesis makes a speciality of the advance of gold- and non-classical platinum-based anti-cancer brokers that demonstrate distinctively varied anti-cancer mechanisms in comparison to the generally used cisplatin. those steel complexes include N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC) ligands that are in a position to shape robust M-C(NHC) bonds, conferring excessive balance and favorable lipophilicity, reactivity and binding specificity of steel complexes on biomolecules.
Nuclear chemistry represents an important box of simple and utilized research. sleek functions disguise, for instance, primary facets of energetics and high-sensitive, high-selective and non-destructive analytical applied sciences. Nuclear chemistry and radiopharmaceutical chemistry are more and more used to bridge pharmaceutical and scientific study with cutting-edge non-invasive molecular analysis in addition to with patient-individual therapy.
- Cryo brines. Phasengleichgewichte von Salz-Wasser-Systemen bei tiefen Temperaturen (German Edition)
- Calculated Electronic Properties of Metals
- Non-Stoichiometric Compounds: Tungsten Bronzes, Vanadium Bronzes and Related Compounds
- Anorganische Chemie macchiato: Cartoonkurs für Schüler und Studenten (Pearson Studium - Scientific Tools) (German Edition)
- High Temperature Properties and Thermal Decomposition of Inorganic Salts with Oxyanions
- Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths
Additional resources for Protein Folding and Metal Ions: Mechanisms, Biology and Disease